Student of the Month

Senior Jordan Moore awarded Student of the Month for February

Moore is a recipient of the Trustees’ Scholarship

Lauren Asher, Prowl reporter

You may know him from a few PHS plays, after-school tutoring sessions, community service projects or maybe as the kid who “wrecks the curve” in every class.

Despite what activity Jordan Moore is involved in, it’s quite likely he is working hard and succeeding – that’s why he was recognized as student of the month for February.  

“Managing school work has always come pretty naturally to me” he says. “I have a planner app on my phone, pay attention to what my teachers tell me and make time to work on my assignments”.

Jordan is a dedicated, serious student who is not afraid to do hard things

— Mr. Brandon Preator

Moore has been very involved throughout his four years of high school; he’s been in two musicals and is currently in the spring play. He’s been a part of NHS for two years and is currently the secretary for the club, and he also works after school as a tutor. He’s also a part of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program.

“Jordan is a dedicated, serious student who is not afraid to do hard things” PHS Spanish teacher Mr. Brandon Preator says.  “He is driven and always does his best work”.

Moore is enrolled both high school and college classes, and although he’s planning to major in biology, one of his favorite classes is Spanish.

“It has actually been challenging for me to teach Jordan because he likes to dig deep,” Mr. Preator adds. “He stretches me as a teacher and asks the hard questions.  Instead of ignoring difficult words, he asks me what they mean and I often am embarrassed because I don’t always know them”

The future looks bright for Moore as he plans to pursue his major at the University of Wyoming before heading off to medical school; he was also a recipient of the Trustees’ Scholarship this year.

Student of the Month only allows for one student to be chosen per month, but Moore has some advice to those looking to achieve the award.

“I would recommend not only doing the best work you can, but participating in class as much as possible” he says . “Be respectful to your teachers, and make sure you’re always on their good side”.