JAYDEN YATES: Student of the Month

McKenzie Thompson

Jayden Yates: Student of the Month

McKenzie Thompson, Prowl reporter

When someone is nominated as the Student of the Month at PHS, it is a huge honor. These students have worked hard and impressed their teachers during the school year thus far.

Many students never hear about the Students of the Month and don’t realize how big of an honor being nominated as one is.

Senior Jayden Yates has won the ballot and now carries the title of Student of the Month for September.

“I was really excited and glad I received this honor,” Yates said.

Yates was selected by teachers and staff members, several of whom have influenced him.

“Mrs. [Vicki] Dougherty is one teacher that has helped me and [has done so] by making sure I’m getting things done and helping me look for scholarships for college,” Yates said. “Mrs. [Ashley] Hildebrand has also helped me in running and teaching me to never give up.”

Added Special Education teacher Mrs. Dougherty: “I’m so glad Jayden was recognized as Student of the Month because he is one of those people who is humble and quiet about his talents and skills and doesn’t ask for recognition. His intelligence, his talents and his respectfulness all make him the awesome person that he is. I’m lucky to know him.”

The Student of the Month requirements are a 3.2 GPA, and they must be currently be a junior or senior and be in at least one major activity.

His intelligence, his talents and his respectfulness all make him the awesome person that he is. I’m lucky to know him.

— Mrs. Vicki Dougherty, Special Education teacher

Yates said one of his keys to success is fairly simple.

“I keep a planner and write down the assignments I need to get done for each class [to stay organized],” Yates said.

On top of staying organized during the school year, Yates also juggles many sports he remains involved with.

“I participate in cross country, indoor track and will be involved in outdoor track,” Yates said.