Categories:

HANDPICKED HAPPINESS

A cup above the rest
Everyone has a favorite drink any day of the week.
Myah Rakness

Everyone always wants something to drink, whether in the summer, winter, fall, or spring. Whether it’s a coffee, protein shake, or Red Bull kicker, many different and tasty options exist.

In the small town of Powell, students have access to different places to get whatever drink they want. These include Starbucks, Uncommon Grounds, Maverick, Blair’s, Cowboy Grounds, and Albertson’s.

“I usually go to Starbucks and get a caramel ribbon crunch,” senior Aspen Brazelton said. “Sometimes it’s a waste of money, and sometimes it’s not.”

Many PHS students and teachers go to Starbucks and Maverick daily. Some prefer a coffee drink, and others prefer a tea or energy drink. 

“I go to Albertson’s for lunch, and like to get the Arizona Teas,” senior Tristin Dicks said. “My favorite is just the original.”

At PHS, many people leave to go out for lunch. Most of the time, when the students walk back in you see them carrying a drink. For going out almost every day, how much do students spend on drinks at lunch?

The average cost for energy drinks ranges anywhere from 1.40 to almost 4.00. Buying drinks almost every day can get very pricey.

People like to save their money but occasionally go out and get something to drink. 

“I haven’t been in a while,” junior Kumora Snell said. “But, I go to Uncommon Grounds and get the coconut Italian cream sodas.”

Everyone has different opinions on what they like to drink and don’t. Even though the drinks can be pricey, many still buy them because they enjoy it.