A HAUNTING MOMENT

Drama Club fundraiser successful in 2023 Halloween season
Some of the dedicated drama club members, dressed as clowns, attempt to scare passerby at the haunted house.
Nalan

Some screamed, some cried, some smiled. Located at the Park County Fairgrounds, the haunted house is the PHS Drama Club’s annual fundraiser for the year. 

The Drama Club is one of the many extracurricular clubs that students are able to participate in. Throughout the year they do the haunted house twice, once around Halloween, and once in the spring. They also have a winter play, and a spring musical. 

The funds gathered are used for the aforementioned productions by the club. Additionally, they buy new props for next year’s haunted house. Admission was $8 per person, $7 if a can of food was donated.

Not many know the amount of effort that is put into opening the haunted house. After about a month and a half’s work, they were almost prepared for the opening of the house on the 27th. In the last hour before the opening, there were a few last-minute adjustments, and a frantic attempt to get all the heaters working.

“We were a little unprepared compared to past years,” sophomore Norah Startin said. “But we pulled it off, and it turned out good.”

We were a little unprepared compared to past years. But we pulled it off, and it turned out good.

— sophomore Norah Startin

The adult directors were Jeff and Christy Greaham, Kristin Cuddy, and Stephanie Belmont. They pour hours into helping the club pull off the haunted house, and other productions, such as the musical, throughout the year. 

“They [our directors] really know how to get stuff done,” freshman Austin Sears said. “I think the haunted house was very successful and we ran a good operation this weekend.”