SNOW, SCHOOL, AND STRUGGLES

As the end of the semester approaches, many students find themselves scrambling to complete those last few assignments before the deadline
As the snow piles up outside, students have found themselves piling up with schoolwork, leading to feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
Ava Stearns

“At the beginning of the year you start out strong and you want to have good grades,” junior Kendal Eden said. “But in the end, it is what it is and you just want to go to winter break already.”

Some students start off strong at the beginning of the semester but then lose motivation as the semester progresses.

“I feel like over time, it just felt redundant and repetitive,” junior Trevion Solberg said. “I had a lot more energy at the beginning of the semester.”

I feel like over time, it just felt redundant and repetitive. I had a lot more energy at the beginning of the semester.

— junior Trevion Solberg

Some teachers make demanding assignments and big projects. However, despite the difficulties, students continue to push forward and persevere.

“School is a little bit harder because I lose motivation,” Eden said. “It’s negative but not super bad, obviously it’s stressful these last couple of weeks but it’s not going to ruin my day.”

Many teachers have a big part in creating students’ stress around this time in the semester.

“The end of the semester is stressful,” sophomore Isaac Dunsey said. “Teachers are rushing to finish the projects they have started and do not have time to finish.”

The end of the semester is stressful. Teachers are rushing to finish the projects they have started and do not have time to finish.

— sophomore Isaac Dunsey

Even though many students would argue it is mainly teachers’ fault for the stress and loads of work they are struggling to finish, teachers are still seeing students procrastinating.

“I saw some students that haven’t turned in assignments,” Spanish teacher Mr. Brandon Preator said. “There’s only so many days left in the semester so that concerns me.”

Many students blame teachers, but other students see them as a resource to help them through this stressful time.

“I definitely feel like I’m under a lot more stress because of school,” Solberg said. “The teachers are really cool and I can communicate with them, so that helps a lot.”