MAKING A VALENTINE’S WISH

Make-A-Wish Preview for PHS students
PHS Student Council meets early morning to prepare for Make-A-Wish week.
Brenna Henderson

Every year PHS hosts an annual Make-A-Wish week. The student council is organizing the week’s activities and keeping Valentine’s Day involved.

Make-A-Wish week this year will take place February 12-16. The week’s activities include basketball games, Toilet Tag, Minute To Win It, dodgeball, silent auctions, a movie night, a school assembly with a bachelor and bachelorette skit, and a Spring Fling dance.

“The student council uses the same framework that has been used in the past as a starting point while changing the dress-up days,” Principal Mr. Timothy Wormald said. “I don’t remember having a movie night last year… but every year they look at the assembly schedule to find out what activities are going to be best.”

The student council uses the same framework that has been used in the past as a starting point while changing the dress-up days. I don’t remember having a movie night last year… but every year they look at the assembly schedule to find out what activities are going to be best.

— Principal Mr. Timothy Wormald

The student council has been preparing to make Make-A-Wish this year enjoyable for everyone contributing. This includes creating different committees and groups to better the involvement of everyone.

“Different committees have been organized, and I am in charge of the silent auction committee,” junior Kinley Cooley said. “It will be at the basketball games. We get all these people who donate baskets or gifts that we can sell, so we make money for the Make-A-Wish program.”

Different committees have been organized, and I am in charge of the silent auction committee. It will be at the basketball games. We get all these people who donate baskets or gifts that we can sell, so we make money for the Make-A-Wish program.

— junior Kinley Cooley

Raising money for Make-A-Wish helps the organization and others. Some of our student council members get more opportunities with this.

“I was able to go to WASC (Wyoming Association of Student Councils) this year and it was really cool to see the Make-A-Wish part of it there,” sophomore Audrey Johnson said. “We were able to go ahead and see the kids that benefit from our donations.”

Knowing where our donations go helps motivate many. Each year the community comes together in adding to the Make-A-Wish funding.

I was able to go to WASC (Wyoming Association of Student Councils) this year and it was really cool to see the Make-A-Wish part of it there. We were able to go ahead and see the kids that benefit from our donations.

— sophomore Audrey Johnson

“Our students and staff are really generous and they raise a lot of money,” Wormald said. “I’m always amazed at how much our student body and our staff raise. I mean thousands of dollars go toward this organization which just shows our generosity. That’s my favorite part.”

Helping the Make-A-Wish organization by raising money throughout the week brings in everyone. The student body adds to the school’s participation to help raise money.

“We’ve gotten a little bit more student body involvement,” Cooley said. “Feedback from the students instead of just us picking everything. They voted using the polls that are sent out.”

Getting more feedback from the student body as a whole helps out. It benefits the outcome of the fundraising and keeps involvement up. Many look forward to this upcoming Make-A-Wish week’s activities.

“I think the student council has, as always, done a really good job at putting together another event,” Wormald said. “I’m excited to see how they pull it off next week.”

View Comments (1)