NEXT UP ON THE PLAYLIST

PHS choir teacher Rachel Schoessler writes her own music and releases it
PHS Choir teacher Rachel Schoessler has released some new tunes on streaming platforms.
Rachel Schoessler

Powell Middle and High School choir teacher Mrs. Rachel Schoessler releases her first two songs to Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, and Apple Music. 

On the 17th and 24th of February, Rachel Schoessler released her first song “I’ll Hold On” and her second song, “Hello” to Spotify and Pandora after a lot of hard work and preparation. Schoessler started writing some of her first songs when she was as young as 6 years old

“My first officially recorded song actually happened when I was eighteen when I attended North West College,” Mrs. Schoessler said. “There was a little art competition going on and I had a friend of mine who was studying producing and recording music technology produce my song and submit it to the contest.”

Before Mrs. Schoessler came to Powell, she had been showing her students little snippets of her music. Her pupils only had positive things to say about it. They would come up to her and ask her if she was ever going to try and release it. Her choir class was one of her biggest encouragements.

“Anytime I have sung any of the songs I have written for my students they were helpful,” Mrs. Schoessler said. “They would be like, ‘You should put it on Spotify and I will listen to it forever.’”

Students think of Mrs. Schoessler as an inspiration to pursue music in their own lives. Her stepdaughter Karina Schoessler is uplifting and encouraging to her. She would give feedback on her songs and constantly listen to them. 

“She’s an amazing musician and a really talented songwriter,” Cody High School senior Karina Schoessler said. “I’m really excited to see what happens with her music in the future.”

Without question, as she continues to write and release music, students have agreed that Mrs. Schoessler is an inspiration to Powell High School.