BAKING UP BUSINESS

An inside scoop on Brynn Hillman’s baking business

Amiya Love

More stories from Amiya Love

Brynn Hillman

A variety of delicious ‘Brynn’s Bakery’ Macarons are displayed. Macarons are Hillman’s number one selling item.

Sweet treats, gourmet snacks and flavorful goodies. With so few options in Powell, Wyoming, we now have a small business owner who sells French delicacies and decadent gourmet cookies. Brynn Hillman, a sophmore from Powell High School, has recently started her own baking business which has thrived, and countless teachers and PHS students are putting in orders weekly. 

Brynn Hillman has always had a love for baking, as well as naturally having a talent for it. Hillman talks about why she decided to start her business, ‘Brynn’s Bakery’ and what her reasoning for it is.

“I remember it was Black Friday, and I wanted to get my family Christmas gifts, but I literally couldn’t because I was absolutely broke with no money to do so,” Hillman said. “I decided it needed to come to an end, and I had to start thinking about ways I could make money. Baking was my solution.” 

Hillman started advertising her business through Facebook which helped her gain some customers. She then started an Instagram account which caused even more peers to be interested in what her business was all about. 

“I remember seeing ‘Brynns_Bakery307’ on my suggested accounts and decided to ask her about it,” sophomore Gracie Wolff said. “The next day she brought me and a few other friends some Churro Macarons, and they were amazing. I knew right away Brynn had a special gift, and I’m so glad she is getting [recognized] now.” 

Hillman has sold to many of her peers for special occasions, events or even just for a special treat. She works around the clock working anywhere from six hours on a school night to twelve hours on a weekend. 

“I had no idea what to get my mom for Mother’s day, but I had seen everyone’s Instagram stories thanking Brynn for her Macarons,” sophomore Tevon Shultz said. “I thought a box of Macarons would be perfect and my mom loved them. She wouldn’t stop talking about how delicious they were.”

“I had no idea what to get my mom for Mother’s day, but I had seen everyone’s Instagram stories thanking Brynn for her Macarons. I thought a box of Macarons would be perfect and my mom loved them. She wouldn’t stop talking about how delicious they were.

— Tevon Shultz

Hillman even has customers that order weekley from her. This has made excellent business for Hillman and has also made for a lot of happy customers being that her work is done in a timely manner. 

“I buy from Brynn at least once a week or every two weeks,” junior Kolt Flores said. “Her strawberry cheesecake cookies are my favorite as well as her turtle macaroons. I get my products in a fair amount of time considering how busy she is. The treats are always fresh as well.”

Hillman was a little anxious at first to start her business because she didn’t know how well it would turn out. She is very delighted that she decided to create ‘Brynn’s Bakery’ and has advice for those that may be contemplating on starting a business.

“I suggest to anyone who is thinking of starting a business, do it,” Hillman said. “I put so much time and effort into it, but it is so worth it especially since I am making great money by doing what I love.”