Theatre class performs ‘Midsummer’ classic

Play will be Friday-Saturday, Nov. 3-4 at PHS

More stories from Abigail Cubbage

SUPER BORE
February 4, 2019

Abigail Cubbage

College theatre students (from left ) Madyson Riedinger, Lauren Asher, Jake Frankenberry, Emily McCaslin and Sadie Wenzel practice a scene from a Midsummer Night’s Dream, which will be performed Nov. 3-4.

How now student, wither wander you.

We have humans and fairies … and donkeys. Magical fun for everyone. And I, myself, am playing Egeus, the mother of Hermia, dressed head to toe in screaming pink.

This is going to be fun.; can you sense the sarcasm?

Powell High School’s college theatre class is performing on A Midsummer Night’s Dream, a Shakespeare play, in which romance, love and comedy come flying at you. The play will be Nov. 3-4 at 7 p.m. at PHS. Tickets will be sold at the door. Cost for students its $3 and non-students $5.

“I think the play should go fairly well,” senior Braden Schiller said. “It’s our first production this year but it might be a little rough but I think we’ll get better as we go.”

Schiller is playing Snout the Tinker who is the Wall in the play within the play.

“I’m pretty stoked,” junior Lucy Sullivan said. “I’m Peter Quince, dog.”

Peter Quince is one of the town’s’ six main idiots

Senior Jake Frankenberry said his favorite scene is “when Helena, Hermia, Demetrius and Lysander are all in the forest and Demetrius and Lysander love Helena…it’s just a mess.”

Then the two main fairy people king and queen, Wade Musso as Oberon and Lauren Asher as Titania

“My favorite scene that I’m in is when Titania falls in love with Bottom,” senior Lauren Asher said. “Overall my favorite scene is the play within the play at the end of the play.”

Excited or nervous?

“I’m a good mix of both, but nervous enough that hopefully it will help me do well and excited because it will be fun,” senior Wade Musso said.

And added junior John Walker: “I truly hope (it will go well) but I don’t want to jinx it so I’m not saying anything.”