HOT or NOT?

Ugly sweaters: Are they ugly or fashionable?

Alexis Terry

More stories from Alexis Terry

SUMMER BUCKET LIST
May 26, 2022
In the PHS locker room, sophomore Megan Jacobsen (left) and senior Hailee Hyde show off their hot Christmas sweaters.

Alex Terry

Jingle on to the closet folks. A reappearing style has made its way back to the streets: Christmas sweaters. You either love them or love them, but are they really “in style?” I’m back with another hot story on the festive sweaters you call “ugly.” 

It’s a classic way to celebrate Christmas. “It’s too scratchy,” some may say. Well, I say deal with it. You’ll be totally fashionable and everyone will envy you. The Grinch will definitely be stopping by your house tonight.

“It depends on if the person is hot or not,” sophomore and self-titled supermodel Gretel Opps said. “If you’re hot then it’s hot.” 

Which is so true. It’s more attractive seeing someone in a Christmas sweater than a bland T-shirt.

Other students only wear these sweaters for the famous “Sweater Wednesday.” Around this season it’s extra fiesta points for Christmas sweaters. That should tell you enough about this fabulous style. 

“It makes [Sweater Wednesday] ten times better,” PHS sophomore Anna Bartholomew said. 

I agree. If you are rewarded for wearing something totally fashionable (which should be rewarding enough), why aren’t you wearing one? 

They are so hot when you style them perfectly. You’ll look even jollier than Santa. That’s pretty impressive. They’re still hot even when you style them averagely. Enjoy the season. Maybe wear a sweater. No one will complain.

Merry Christmas.