Slow walkers in the hallways raises concern

More stories from Isabella Wambeke

Attention Powell High School student body: We have an immense problem.

Students are walking way too slowly down the hallway and as many can tell you, they have had enough. So let’s do something about this.

On your marks, get set … GO! Freshman Riley Bennett is on his scooter and off to a great start. Bennett, who broke his leg, made it from Mr. Cappiello’s classroom in the far corner of the Green Pod to Mr. Urbach’s, in the opposite corner of the Purple Pod, in one minute. How can he go so fast? It’s easy. Not because of the scooter but because he passes everyone or they move out of his way. Bennett does not have to be stuck behind trudging high school students.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could all have a scooter like his? Yes, but if students can’t walk fast, they definitely can’t handle scooters. That would lead to mass destruction of our school and our nurses would be working day and night to heal the wounded.

Think about this next situation: You try to hurry to your next class to get the best seat, in the back, but there are so many obstacles you don’t know what to do. You walk around groups of gossiping girls and then get stuck behind sloths who you can’t maneuver around because the whole school is full of them.

Next you turn the corner and are cut off by some knucklehead causing you to stop and wait for them to pass. Finally you get to your classroom and the whole back row is filled and the only spot left is right in the front, the middle to be exact, where the teacher calls on you for everything and drools all over your desk.

Here are a few tips on how to avoid this dilemma:

• WALK right through those gossipers and break up their circle.
  • PLOW through those sloths and have no mercy.
  • The next time a knucklehead tries to cut you off, RUN into them until they let you pass .

For the ones who are holding up the hallway here are a few tips in order to not get ran over:

• MOVE your little circle to the commons.
  • Sloths please PICK UP THE PACE a little bit; all you need to do is pick up your feet.
  • QUIT cutting people off and shoot the gap if you want to cross lines.