TRUMP OR BIDEN? RESULT REMAINS UNDECIDED

Some PHS students are ‘frustrated,’ ‘suspicious’ of process, others hope for positive change

More stories from Prowl Staff

The+American+flag+has+13+stripes+to+represent+the+original+13+colonies+and+50+stars+to+represent+the+50+states.+The+red+used+is+to+symbolize+valor%2C+white+to+symbolize+purity%2C+and+blue+to+symbolize+perseverance+and+justice.+

Lucyjane Crimm

The American flag has 13 stripes to represent the original 13 colonies and 50 stars to represent the 50 states. The red used is to symbolize valor, white to symbolize purity, and blue to symbolize perseverance and justice.

The 2020 Presidential election has been nothing short of anxiety-inducing, stressful and shocking. High-schoolers are no exception to this stress.

The Prowl combed the campus in the days following the official election day, which was Nov. 3, and as of Friday, the race was still undecided. Here’s what PHS students had to say:

“Personally, I’m in favor of Trump; however, I think that the overall election has been very wish-washy in terms of votes,”  junior Payton Wells said. “I don’t think it’s a mystery to anyone that the political parties vary wherever you go… I do find some ’coincidences’ a bit suspicious, but that’s just my opinion.”

“…I support Trump and I definitely do not like Biden, but this year and this election [America is] not what this country should be. We are more divided now than we’ve ever been and it’s sickening,” junior Cole Frank said. “We’re all Americans, we all live under the same flag; regardless of who wins the election, we are all still American. It really pains me to see the division between the two parties, I just wish for a less hostile country.”

“To be honest I am finding it kind of frustrating because I really lean to one side,” sophomore Daniel Franck said. ”…I really thought Trump was going to boost up, but right now it doesn’t seem [he’s] going to do that.”

“It’s very interesting how the election is going right now,” senior Jaxton Braten said. “This year’s gonna be interesting because they’re already recounting some of the state’s votes and I don’t know how it’s gonna play out.”

“It’s suspicious,” junior Reece Bauer said. “It’s really annoying.”

It’s lasting forever … I wish it would be over.

— PHS junior Taylor Paul

“People are going to throw fits no matter who wins,” senior Jillian Saubert said. “If Biden wins republicans are going to throw a fit, and if Trump wins democrats are going to throw a fit.”

“It is what it is. Election day is scarier than Halloween.” sophomore Drew (Andrew) Valdez said. “Gotta live with whoever wins, I guess.”

“I think this election is turning out to be the biggest one yet and the biggest one there’s going to be in a while,” junior Rylee White said. “It’s crazy to see the vote counting take so long that it lasts days. I’m really into politics, so I hate when misinformation about anything gets spread. But of course, especially in our school, the negative things about the election are all I hear about. I hope everyone can do their own research and make their own opinions.”

“It’s lasting forever,” junior Taylor Paul said. “… I wish it would be over.”

“I think things are looking up,” senior Luke Condie said. “And as long as Biden holds on to Arizona and Nevada, the country will finally have a capable president again.”

“As far as counting votes goes, it’s normal for it to last longer than just Election Day,” freshman Stuart Shoopman said. “However, fraudulent votes and dishonesty in the election are not normal and they’re embarrassing to our country.”

“My opinion is that I think that democrats are cheating with mail-in ballots,” junior Reed Smith said.

“I don’t really care who is going to win,” sophomore Zachary Garrison said. “All I care about is that we freaking decide already, so that I can stop listening to this crap and we can begin the healing process of our country rather than start a World War III.”