STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Treven Keeler

PHS senior’s personality a trademark trait

More stories from Braden Schiller

Photo Courtesy of Greg Wise

Treven Keeler portrays Uncle Fester during the production of Addams Family: The Musical.

An impromptu speaker. A golfer. And Uncle Fester.

These words describe Treven Keeler, a Powell High School senior who just wrapped up his role as Uncle Fester in the PHS production of The Addams Family: The Musical. He also earned first place for his impromptu speech March 3 at the Worland tournament.

“He works hard at whatever he does and he makes it fun for the other people that he works with by being so funny,” said senior Jake Frankenberry, who starred with Keeler in the Addams Family production..

Keeler has been involved in several extra-curriculars including theatre, speech and debate and golf. He is known for his personality and expression-fueled stories.

“Treven is an extremely charismatic person who seems to attract all kinds of people, whether it be with his antics or incredibly kind heart,” senior Mady Riedinger said.

Keeler said portraying Uncle Fester was a true highlight of his high school years.

Treven is an extremely charismatic person who seems to attract all kinds of people, whether it be with his antics or incredibly kind heart.

— Senior Mady Riedinger

“Theatre is by far my favorite activity that I do. I really enjoyed The Addams Family,” said Keeler. “Especially Fester because I got to come up with my own jokes.”

Keeler has also made a lasting impression on his teachers and coaches.

“Treven has shown as much growth in his four years here as any student I can remember,”  Coach Mr. Troy Hidlebrand said. ”He has done an outstanding job of finding his strengths and maximizing them. He became an All-Conference golfer by the end of his career and his performance with the speech team and in the school plays speaks for itself. “

Coach Hildebrand has had Keeler on the golf team since freshman year.

And as Keeler prepares to move on from high school, he has one piece of advice for incoming freshmen.

“This actually means something so don’t wing it, put some effort in so you get something out of it. You’re more capable than you think you are,” Keeler said.