Going through Halloween withdrawals?

Hang in there; the Thanksgiving food coma is just around the corner

Abigail Landwehr

Time was key for students this Halloween as they knew that they had school the next morning and couldn’t stay up as late as they might have liked.

Abby Landwehr, Prowl reporter

When going to bed the night of Halloween, there’s always the string of concerns that you might wake in the morning to find the pumpkins you carved smashed all over your porch. Well smashed pumpkins is basically how it feels to go to school at 8 a.m. the day after Halloween. Especially on a Thursday.

Walking into the school that Thursday morning, it seemed as if all my other peers were sporting incredibly dark circles below their bottom eyelids. I wasn’t one to judge, though, as I had a matching pair beneath mine.

“I felt like I was kicked in the gut by Hulk Hogan’s body-building cousin,” sophomore Taber Wilson said when asked how he felt in the morning. “I think I felt so bad because I was so tired.”

Although most students said they went to sleep at an earlier time for school the next day, they still felt exhausted and weren’t very energized.

Junior Ben Cannizzaro said he spent his Halloween night working in the Haunted House scaring people until about 11:30.

I think having Halloween on a Wednesday and going to school the next day was absolutely horrible and not fair.

— PHS sophomore Laurie Leonhardt

“I felt tired,” Cannizzaro said about the day after Halloween. “My voice was kind of gone.”

Sophomore Laurie Leonhardt said she went to bed at about 11:30 as well because she had school the following day.

“I think having Halloween on a Wednesday and going to school the next day was absolutely horrible and not fair,” Leonhardt said. “I think we should have the day off because I’d say the majority of this town celebrates it.”

Some students felt like they had been “cheated” a bit of Halloween because they had the responsibility of getting up the next morning.

“I hated [having Halloween on a Wednesday] because I wanted to hang out with the boys,” Cannizzaro said. “But it was a school night so I couldn’t.”

“I dislike that we have to go to school the next morning a lot because most people stayed up pretty late,” Wilson added. “Everyone knows that and I don’t think we should be forced to be in school the next day.”

Although tired, the students made it through the school day to face another Halloween. Next year though, the holiday will take place on a Thursday. Speaking of Thursdays … Thanksgiving isn’t too far off …