HALLOWEEN HOT? HALLOWEEN NOT?

A guide to having the most hot Halloween costume.

Alexis Terry

More stories from Alexis Terry

SUMMER BUCKET LIST
May 26, 2022

Photo courtesy: Abby Eaton

(From left) Freshmen Addy Thorington, Amiya DeFoeLove, Stevee Walsh, Waycee Harvey and Gracie Wolff show off their Halloween costumes at the haunted house

It’s spooky season and you know what that means. Get ready to see some spooktacular looks on Halloween night. Don’t know what you’re going to be? Well, PHS students, let me help you with that. 

Halloween costumes can be totally hot if you have the right idea. Otherwise, stay home. No one wants to see some lousy costume you created by “shopping” from your floor. Last minute costumes are not hot. 

To have a striking Halloween costume think of this: Will I look hot or not? By the time Halloween comes you’ll be the hottest kid on the block. 

It appears that dressing up for this festive event is only trendy for the freshmen and sophomores. Everyone thinks they’re “too old,” but you’re not. The fun never has to stop. 

Dressing up is the way to go. It’s a requirement, I think, in order to be cool.

— Mikayla Graham

“Halloween costumes are very hot,” PHS sophomores Wesley Preator and CjJBarrus said. “Very Halloween spirit.” 

I totally agree with this. Dressing up can be a fashion statement. Even celebrities love to dress up. Just ask Paris Hilton, she’ll tell you, “That’s hot.”

The excitement of dressing up doesn’t interest the “cool” kids. Staying home sounds better to them than getting free candy, you have to be insane to not take free candy. Staying home and not dressing up isn’t the move. 

“Dressing up is the way to go,” PHS sophomore and Halloween enthusiast Mikayla Graham said. “It’s a requirement, I think, in order to be cool.” 

To answer the question of hot or not? I’ll have to say absolutely hot, totally cool and eye-catching. You’ll have everyone lining up at your door begging for your attention, but be sure to not show too much and stay warm, it’s cold. 

Happy Halloween.